- Open frame or Enclosed models of the Aquabelt make it the #1 choice of municipalities today for their thickening needs.
- Zone approach thickening helps the Aquabelt out perform all others.
- Performance and long life make the Aquabelt the number 1 choice for thickening today.
Advanced Aquabelt Technologies provide the most efficient means of thickening dilute process streams, while providing total process flexibility. For municipal and industrial applications, the Aquabelt line is the number one choice for all thickening requirements. In fact, there are more Aquabelt thickeners installed and operating in the marketplace than any other alternative. This gives Ashbrook Simon-Hartley unparalled experience and knowledge in thickening technologies.
Zone Approach thickening: There are 4 key zones that allow the Aquabelt to optimize the thickening process through this Engineered approach to thickening.
1. Conditioning Zone: Optimized thickening begins with the proper conditioning of the slurry. Each Aquabelt is equipped with a proprietary variable orifice in-line polymer mixer that combines polymer and slurry instantly to facilitate rapid flocculation. In addition, Aquabelt technology keeps polymer usage to a minimum, dramatically reducing operational cost - guaranteed.
2. Advanced Flocculation Zone: This zone provides a reduced turbulence interval prior to the introduction of the slurry to the Gravity Thickening Zone. This allows additional flocculation attraction-dynamics to occur, which optimizzes polymer effectiveness.
3. Gravity Thickening Zone: This zone effectively separates filterable liquids from the process solids and dramatically reduces the volume of the retained slurry. Rapid drainage is encouraged with the use of proprietary chicanes and geometrically optimized wiper bars.
4. Extended Thickening Zone: The Aquabelt is the only thickening system with an infinitely controllable Extened Thickening Zone. By employing the patented Aquabelt ramping device, detention times and turbulence levels can be controlled while operating to deliver specific solids-to-liquid ratios in the effluent. This provides process flexibility well beyond all other thickening options available today.